The students and teachers finished up the year feeling euphoric over all our accomplishments.
Summer set in and would you know it? I had surgery and my job at The Summit was changed. I moved out of teaching into the office and left my passion of upper school behind. I was so blown away by all the changes and losing time for my surgery recovery gave me even more concerns.
It took me most of the first semester to figure out what I was doing in administration. It was not because I was incapable of doing the job...I just did not know what the job was. My job description
changed three times in 4 months and I had hard time knowing what was expected from me. The brightest spot for me is that I once again became upper school director. It was and will be the highlight of my year.
Adjusting to upper school director along with doing my other two jobs of community relations director and daily operations director has been a ride...one that I hope will minimize during the forth coming year. Still, in my loves, is the upper school director position. Working with teachers and students to make all of us better is so energizing. I will not minimize the fact that I am proud of what I have accomplished with after school programming and the new format for Summer at the Summit. I have met some great parents through my new position and seen a much broader picture of the school functions, especially in operations and finances.
As the days are drawing to a close for the 2010-2011 school year it is time to reflect and use my resources to get energized for the beginning of the 2011-2012 school year. I have great hopes for the year to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment