I can hardly believe that October is coming to an end this week. It seems like we just started school and now Christmas is on our doorstep. This weekend the time changes and I hate the dreary dark winter evenings. It makes me sad to travel home in the dark from a full day at school.
This week is full of activity as we have our fall chili cook off on Tuesday with live entertainment from our Summit upper school. The students have also generated charts through the architecture school at Drury University with ideas for a new school building. On Wednesday the students will go to see Alice in Wonderland at the Springfield Little Theater and on Friday they will go to Rutlege Farm to perform Thriller.
There is no school on Friday and my team and I will be working on accreditation all day long. It is going to be tedious work but will benefit the school tremendously whenever the work is done. Accreditation will give us opportunities for grants that we do not currently enjoy.
I am excited that four locations will be announced for the new school building. I really like the downtown area and hope it is at least one proposed location. The opportunities for education are numerous in the downtown area with a plethara of activities centered at the higher learning facilities and fine arts facilities. We have been downtown now for three months and have barely scratched the surface of the underlying educational opportunities available in this area.
School is settling down and the kids are doing great. We have parent teacher conferences in a few weeks and I look forward to sharing with all our parents about the wonderful things going on in upper school with their student.
Monday, October 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment